Norwood Recreation Department
Skip to nav
1. Stay home if sick or in quarantine. Avoid entering the premises if symptomatic, e.g., a fever of 100.0 Degrees Fahrenheit or above, unusual coughing, shortness of breath, headaches, chills, shaking chills, sore throat, muscle aches or pains, new loss of taste or smell or feverish
2. Maintain 6 feet separation between individuals, except for in household groups.
3. Sneeze/cough into cloth, tissue, elbow or sleeve. Discard tissue in trash cans
4.Avoid hand shaking or physical contact except among household members
5. Wear facial masks or coverings in all non-swimming areas and to maintain a minimum of 6 feet of separation between individuals in other areas of the facility, including swimming areas, pool decks, and bathrooms
POOL SAFETY RULES
1. Visitors must wear proper swim attire and have a current pool pass attached on your person at all times. One day passes can be purchased at the Civic during the week.
2. Food, drinks, and chairs are not permitted in the pool area.
3. All patrons must take a shower prior to swimming in the pool.
4. Walk; do not run in and around the pool facility.
5. Spitting, spouting or nose-blowing in the pool is strictly prohibited.
6. Dangerous practices are prohibited. Patrons may not run on decks; climb, sit or jump from fences; dive in shallow, or dunk, push, pull or unnecessarily splash swimmers or other horseplay may be asked to leave by lifeguards.
7. Floatation devices are prohibited. Only items labeled "Certified by US Coast Guard" may be allowed in the pool area.
8. Children who are not toilet-trained and are less than four years old will be allowed in the pool only if they wear a swim diaper and a swim suit. Cloth or disposable diapers are not acceptable.
9. Persons with open cuts, sores, bandages, colds, coughs or communicable diseases are not permitted in the pool.
10. Swimmers under the age of 12 must be accompanied by an adult. Those under 6 must have parent inside the pool area.
11. Emergency procedures must be observed. Swimmers must leave the pool area upon the signal or request of a lifeguard.
12. Foul or abusive language will not be tolerated.
13. Smoking or the use of drugs is not permitted on the property (Includes Vaping)
14. No children older than 5 or taller than the spray park gate entrance are permitted in the spray park. All children must be supervised by an adult.
* The Norwood Recreation Department reserves the right to add or modify rules.
* The Norwood Recreation Department reserves the right to ask anyone to leave for failing to follow pool policies.